Code of Conduct
Members of the National Aging in Place Council® are mindful that their success depends upon honor and integrity. To this end, NAIPC® members are bound by the following Code of Conduct.
- Every member is committed to treating all clients, their families, and friends with respect and dignity.
- Every member is committed to conducting themselves with the utmost honesty and integrity in his or her community.
- Every member will take appropriate measures to maintain competence in their profession.
- Every member will protect a client’s privacy and confidentiality.
- Every member promises that any product sold will be consistent with the needs of the client.
- If alternative options are available, a member will present all available options they offer that fit the needs of the consumer, as articulated by that consumer.
- Every member will only suggest a third party company they know and trust.
- Every member will take responsibility to report any suspected abuse or violations of the Code of Conduct of NAIPC® members to the National Aging in Place Council.
- Every member will make a good-faith effort to resolve concerns received from individuals regarding any service or product.
- Every member will encourage clients to talk to family or other trusted advisers before deciding on purchasing a product or service.